I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Some Wisdom for the Day

Some wisdom for the day and we can all use some of that – any and every day!!
 


Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing. wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather; only different kinds of good weather. -John Ruskin

You can learn a lot just by looking. -Yogi Bera

The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time.
-Abraham Lincoln

If you don't control your mind someone else will. -John Alison

Happiness is a direction, not a place. -Sydney J. Harris

Courage is grace under pressure. -Ernest Hemingway

No one really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy.
-Cynthia Nelms

5 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Totally agree with the last one Sylvia :) words of wisdom for sure!

genie said...

I agree with Gracie. All of these quotes are wonderful. I am going to write them down in my journal for safe keeping and future reference. You always give us the most wonderful quotes.

Lowell said...

I especially appreciate that last quote. Sometimes we mope around hoping to gain sympathy from our friends and neighbors when all we are doing is boring them to death.

TexWisGirl said...

i really like the abe lincoln quote.

Jack said...

A lot of wisdom there, especially that happiness is a direction. Let's aim for it, OK?

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time