I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Another Look Back!


Very Young Lucy Lucille Ball around 1930
Billie Holiday at two years old, in 1917



Phoebe Mozee (aka Annie Oakley). Famed for her marksmanship by 12 years old, she once shot the ashes off of Kaiser Wilhelm II’s cigarette at his invitation. When she outshot famed exhibition marksman, Frank Butler, he fell in love with her and they married. They remained married for the rest of their lives.






http://i.imgur.com/txCibKt.jpg

Market Street, San Francisco after the earthquake, 1906.


9 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Absolutely love the old b&w's Sylvia.. gosh wasn't Lucille Ball gorgeous, gorgeous AND hilarious :)

Indrani said...

They look good, great to know them.

Lowell said...

Hey, how'd you get invited to a "cloud" conference. I'm the one everybody says has his head in the clouds! Sheesh!

Reader Wil said...

We used to watch the Lucy Ball show and enjoyed seeing it every week.
Have a wonderful week.
We have real summer weather now.
Wil, ABCW Team.

Fun60 said...

Would not have recognised Lucille Ball.

EG CameraGirl said...

An interesting look back. Lucille Ball was very pretty when she was young, that;s for sure!

Nonnie said...

wonderful vintage photos! I had never seen a photo of Billie Holiday, let alone a childhood one, but my momma had old 78 rpm records of hers- simply marvelous voice. Lucille Ball was a beauty.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love vintage photos, Sylvia. The SF earthquake was so devastating! Hope that never happens again.

Lois said...

Remarkable pictures Sylvia! Lucy is absolutely my all time favorite. She was so beautiful.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time